Friday, January 3, 2014

Time

“There comes a time when the world gets quiet and the only thing left is your own heart. So you'd better learn the sound of it. Otherwise you'll never understand what it's saying.” 
― Sarah DessenJust Listen


Alas, on this very cold, post blizzard day in this new year the "time" has come.  I have had "time" on my mind since March 2013, the last blog. Somehow I sensed I needed time for myself.  I took it and am so grateful that I did, I could and that it bore fruit beyond what I could have ever imagined at the time. 
Why is it so hard to do? Do we need to justify it, understand why, throw caution to the wind, feel decadent, be selfish or find some reason we could or should allow ourselves or "just do it"?  Is 'being' enough? Knowing? Listening to our heart or soul? Do we need to hear voices or do we feel compelled? Is it enough? Is it just that "time" of life that these things happen? Why? Should I take a chance? Should I believe myself? In myself?



Turns out that I have run across a lot of folks talking about the same things. A favorite is from a fellow islander that is currently teaching in Korea.
Lots of food for thought and certainly on the same wavelength. It also has to do with perspective and life view along with generic temperament.  All those factors play into how we each look at life along with where we are on the time line. What are we experiencing now?

Today's saying:  

Life is fragile, like the dew hanging delicately on the grass,
crystal drops that will be carried away on the first morning breeze. 
Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche

Ain't that the truth?




Where are we headed? What lies ahead?


What do we value?


Who will we travel with and to where? Who will we meet along the way?


What kind of adventures lie ahead? Who all will we walk with on this journey? 
Will there be someone to help me if I need it?


Don't each of us hold our happiness in our hand each moment of our lives?

Think about it.  It's time.


No comments:

Post a Comment